Dr. Fernando Piñero
PODIATRIC FOOT AND ANKLE SURGEON
About Dr. Ferñando Pinero
Originally from Puerto Rico, he received his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Puerto Rico in Biology before completing his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine in 2018.
Dr. Piñero completed his surgical residency at Yale New Haven Hospital, where he completed comprehensive training in reconstructive surgery of the Foot and Ankle and limb salvage.
Know more about Dr. Fernando Piñero
• Podiatric Surgical Resident, Yale New Haven Health (PMSR/RRA), New Haven, CT,
2018 to 2021.
• Section Chief Resident, 2020-2021. Lead a team of 2 to 3 junior residents in
daily rounds, inpatient care and surgical procedures, as well as outpatient
procedures. Make weekly case schedule and call schedule. Act as liaison
between resident team and attendings.
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York, NY,
2014 to 2018.
• President of Hispanic American Podiatric Students Society club, 2016-2017.
• Class representative of American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons Surgery
• Member of American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons surgery club,
NYCPM student chapter, 2014 to 2018.
• NYCPM tutoring program, 2016-2018.
• Participant Big brother/sister Mentoring program NYCPM, 2015-2016.
Bachelor of Science, (Biology Major), Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico, Humacao,
PR, 2006 to 2010.
• Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery at Princeton Orthopaedic Associates, 325
Princeton Ave, NJ 08540. August 2021 to October 14th 2022.
• Podiatric Regional Foot & Ankle Associates at 113 Maple Street Road, East
Windsor, NJ 08520. August 2021 to October 14th 2022.
• Research Assistant, TEI Biosciences, PrimatrixTM Dermal Repair Scaffold
Utilization in Lower Extremity Ulcers, 361 San Francisco St., 4th floor, San Juan,
PR 00901. 2012 to 2013.
• Lab Technician and Specimen Dictation, Buhler Pathology Laboratories, 9th Ave.
Degetau A-14 Urb. San Alfonso, Caguas, 00725, PR. 2011 to 2012.
• Research Assistant, Laboratory of Dr. Gabriel Barletta funded by National
Institute for Health Research, ‘Intracellular Delivery of siRNA by Polycationic
Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles’, University of Puerto Rico, 908 street Km 1.2
Humacao, PR 00791. 2009 to 2010
• Podiatry Clinic Volunteer, Medical Plaza, Ave. Font Martelo suite 204, PR 00791.
2008 to 2014.
• Board qualified, American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
• Basic Life Support, 2020
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support, 2020.
• Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, 2020.
• Occupational Safety & Health Administration / Infection Control, 2016.
• National Institute of Health Certified Researcher, 2015.
• American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery, 2021 to present
• Connecticut Podiatric Medical Association, 2018 to 2021.
• American Podiatric Medical Association (student/resident), 2014 to 2021
• American College of Foot & Ankle Surgery (student/resident), 2014 to 2021
• American Podiatric Student Medical Association, 2014 to 2018.
Honors & Awards:
• Puerto Rico Podiatric Medical Society Scholarship, 2015.
• Cum Laude, 2010.
Barletta, Gabriel., et al (2012). Intracellular Delivery of siRNA by Polycationic
Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. Journal of Drug
Delivery Volume 2012, Article ID 218940, 12 pages doi:10.1155/2012/218940
Menillo, D., Piñero, F., Craig, D., Albreski, D., Gazes, M., Vyce, S. (2020). Delayed
Diagnosis and Treatment of Gas Gangrene During COVID-19 Pandemic – under